Our Pastoral Approach
We recognise that, at the Dragon, pastoral care is not merely a complementary practice. This care is inextricably linked with teaching and learning and the structural organisation of the School, promoting pupils’ personal and social development and embedding positive attitudes. This is done through the quality of teaching and learning; through the healthy working relationships amongst pupils and teachers; through the monitoring of pupils’ overall progress (academic, personal and social).
- To support a learning community where each child can realise their talents and strengths.
- To encourage each child to grow up to be responsible, active members of their community.
- To embrace the individuality of each person and encourage others to celebrate differences.
- To help develop a child’s independence by providing knowledge and skills, helping them to become more robust and resilient.
- To create a community where tolerance and understanding is encouraged, where equal opportunities regardless of ability, religion, race, culture and gender are provided.