Dragon School believes that children have a right to feel safe and recognise that this is when they can achieve in their learning, relationships and have high self-esteem.
Our atmosphere in School and our overall treatment of children contribute to positive outcomes. Important factors include:
- positive teacher attitudes towards pupils
- a good reward system
- clear consistent boundaries
- teachers having high expectations of pupils
- shared values and standards
- pupils being given a voice in the school and active responsibilities
- a strong academic emphasis
These good practice attributes are underpinned by a clear values base, which advocates mutual trust, tolerance of difference, integrity and encouragement.