ISI Inspection, November 2014
This is the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report on the Dragon following the inspection on 11th - 14th November 2014.
This was an integrated inspection which included Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Boarding.
ISI reports do not provide a single overarching judgement for the school but instead give a clear judgement on each aspect of the school’s work at the beginning of each section.
These headline statements must include one of the ISI descriptors, "excellent", "good", "sound" or "unsatisfactory" and, where the quality of the pupils' achievements and learning is "exceptional", that term may be used for the top grade in that single category. For all other categories, the top grade is "excellent".
The headlines are:
- The quality of the pupils’ achievements and learning – Exceptional
- The contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision - Excellent
- The quality of teaching – Excellent
- The spiritual, moral, social and cultural developments of the children – Excellent
- The contribution of arrangements for pastoral care - Excellent
- The contribution of arrangements for welfare, health and safety – Excellent
- The quality of governance – Excellent
- The quality of leadership and management, including links with parents, carers and guardians – Excellent
- The quality of boarding education – Excellent
- Outcomes for boarders – Excellent
- Provision and care – Excellent
- Welfare and safeguarding – Excellent
- Leadership and management of boarding – Excellent
This means the Dragon scored the top grade in every category and it is a great testimony to the superb work of all the children and staff at the school.