Design & Technology
The Design Department is extremely well equipped with a broad selection of tools and machinery enabling pupils to work with a range of materials, such as plastic, wood and electronics. Lessons involve a combination of teacher-led oral discussions, practical work and written design work. Our projects are designed to reflect the modern Design and Technology curriculum by embracing multi-media solutions, including the use of a range of computer packages.
The aims of our curriculum are to:
- Stimulate and maintain pupil interest, enjoyment, curiosity and concern about technological aspects of their environment, both local and otherwise.
- Enable pupils to be familiar with a relevant body of knowledge, skills, principles and vocabulary.
- Encourage pupils to be competent and confident in conceiving, designing and producing a range of technological products of good quality.
- Teach pupils to evaluate and improve upon their own technological products and those designed by others.
- Teach pupils to work both independently and co-operatively.
- Support the implementation of 'Shared Values' and encourage pupils to develop a range of desirable personal qualities such as safety awareness, politeness, perseverance, concern for others, initiative and independence.
Our staff are passionate and generate a vibrant learning environment. We embark on a range of special projects utilising their specific skills, backgrounds and experience.